How to Cure Psoriasis
If you're wondering exactly how to cure Psoriasis, please be aware that it is a condition that makes the cells of the skin to grow at a rapid rate. This in turn causes red, irritated blotches to appear, which causes scaling, itchiness and dryness. Psoriasis is caused when healthy T cells in the body turn on the skin ,cells which is a malfunction of the immune system. Although there is no concrete cure for psoriasis, there are treatments that can be used to make significant improvements with the symptoms.
Simple Instructions on How to Cure Psoriasis
- Use a corticosteroid cream. Talk to your doctor about this topical prescription formula. Use of this medication can reduce itching and cell production by suppressing the immune system. Corticosteroids can be used for mild to moderate psoriasis and they range in strength from weak to very potent.
- Use a Vitamin A derivative. Topical retinoids were originally developed for the treatment of acne. Tazarotene is a psoriasis specific retinoid cream that can help decrease inflammation by promoting normal DNA cell activity.
- Get a nonprescription formula. Salicylic acid is a substance that can be found in over-the-counter form and it is often used for small warts. You can also apply it to psoriasis to help kill the skin cells and promote them to fall off. You can also find this in shampoo form if you have psoriasis of the scalp.
- Apply coal tar to your psoriasis. Coal tar comes in the form of creams, oils, shampoo and lotion. Using it can help reduce itchiness, inflammation and scaling.
- Get an oral medication. Oral prescription formulas can be used when topical treatments are ineffective. They can help reduce scaling, relieve itchiness and suppress the immune system. Examples of these include methotrexate, cyclosporine, biologics and hydroxyurea.
- Go outside and then learn more about how to cure psoriasis. Natural sunlight contains ultraviolet light which can help reduce inflammation and the turnover of skin cells. Go outside and get several five- to 10-minute exposures of sunlight during the day. But do not stay out for long periods of time as it can have the opposite effect on your psoriasis.
- Get light therapy to cure psoriasis. Psoralen plus ultraviolet A (PUVA) is a treatment that involves the application of a substance called "psoralen" to the skin. Ultraviolet A light is then shot down on the skin to help dry up and heal the scales.
- Infantile Seborrheic Dermatitis vs. Eczema
- Atopic Eczema
- Scalp Psoriasis - Information about the skin disorder
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis Images, Causes, Symptons, & Treatment
- Eczema Nummular Treatment
- Psoriasis Skin Disease Information
- Rosacea: a Chronic Skin Condition
- Venostasis Dermatitis
- Shingles: The Truth Behind The Painful, Blistering Rash
- Perioral Dermatitis Symptoms
- Hives (Urticaria) Information
- Plaque Psoriasis Treatment
- Nummular Dermatitis
- Infantile Seborrheic Dermatitis
- What is an allergy?
- Psoriasis Vulgaris
- Guttate Psoriasis
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: Spreads To The Face & Beyond
- What does psoriasis look like?
- The Cause of Eczema: What You Weren't Told