Dermatitis Herpetiformis Images, Causes, Symptons, & Treatment
Written by Katie Information gathered from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002451 and http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001480.htm [email protected]
What is Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
Is an itchy rash made up of bumps and blisters. It's a chronic rash, it continues over a long period of time. It starts around 20 years old and up. it could happen in children but it's rare. The rash is seen both in woman and men.
What Causes Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
Unknown. But it is linked to gluten sensitivity (celiac sprue disease) in the small bowel.
What are the Symptoms of Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
Symptoms include itchy bumps, on elbows, knees, back, and buttlock. The rash is normally the same size and shape. in some patients they may have scratch marks instead of blisters. The symptoms also come and go.
How do you treat Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
What is a good diet for controlling Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
A strict gluten-free diet will also be recommended to help control the disease. Sticking to this diet may remove the need for medications and prevent later complications.
How do you prevent Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
None. But people with the condtion if they stay away from foods that contian gluten they maybe be able to complications.
What are the Possible Complications of Dermatitis Herpetiformis?
Thyroid disease may be found in many patients with dermatitis herpetiformis. Patients are also more likely to develop certain cancers of the intestines.
- Dyshidrotic Dermatitis
- Stasis Dermatitis
- Information on Dermatitis Herpetiformis
- What is an allergy?
- Venostasis Dermatitis
- Scalp Psoriasis - Information about the skin disorder
- Spongiotic Dermatitis Treatment
- Perioral Dermatitis Toothpaste
- Treatment for Scalp Psoriasis
- What is Dermatitis?
- Phototoxic Dermatitis from Wearing Bikinis
- Cercarial Dermatitis: What to Know about Treatment
- Lichenoid Dermatitis Information
- Foot Dermatitis Symtoms
- Eosinophilic Dermatitis Treatment
- What factors can aggravate atopic dermatitis?
- Nummular Dermatitis
- Psoriasis Skin Disease Information
- Dermatitis Herpetiformis Picture
- Perioral Dermatitis Natural Cure