How do you get Eczema?
Gathered from medical journals, credible websites, and encyclopedias. [email protected]
If you're wondering "How do you get eczema?", you're not alone.
According to TeenageHealthFreak.org:
We don’t really know why people get it. But it does seem to be more common in people who also get hay fever and asthma which are probably caused by a sort of reaction to things in the world around them. This kind of problem is know as ‘atopy’ and tends to run in families. Another form of eczema is known as ‘contact dermatitis’. This happens when someone’s skin comes into contact with certain substances. Common culprits are makeup, soap, detergents and perfume as well as hair dyes and certain types of metal (nickel - or cheap jewellery). Some people therefore find earrings give them trouble because they can contain nickel. Eczema is absolutely not infectious so you can kiss people with eczema as much as you (or they!) want.
Their Dr. Ann states, "Atopic eczema does tend to run in families so the tendency to get eczema, like asthma, is inherited."
What are some more triggers when it comes to Eczema? Exactly HOW do you get eczema?
Some common triggers are food, environmental factors, man made things or personal things. Some foods which tend to trigger eczema like eggs, alcohol, nuts, wheat, food additives, etc. Environmental factors could be dust, tress, pollen, etc. Detergents and household cleaners, perfumed soaps, bubble baths are the man made items that can trigger this skin disease. Psychological stresses in a person’s life can also lead to eczema.
- What does psoriasis look like?
- Neurodermatitis Treatment and Info
- Protopic: Important Information about the Topical Immunosuppressant
- Genetic factors of Atopic Eczema
- Mild Dermatitis Herpetiformis
- Foot Dermatitis Risk Factors
- Eosinophilic Dermatitis Treatment
- What is an allergy?
- Treatment for Scalp Psoriasis
- Pyotraumatic Dermatitis
- Psoriasis Wiki
- Contact Dermatitis
- How to Cure Psoriasis
- Molluscum Dermatitis
- Perioral Dermatitis Symptoms
- The Cause of Eczema: What You Weren't Told
- Plaque Psoriasis Treatment
- Rhus Dermatitis
- Infantile Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Molluscum Contagiosum Treatment